Funding for international delegates
Funding available for healthcare professionals from lower income countries
With an aim of promoting and extending the ideals of education at UKIO to support best practice in imaging and oncology across the world, the Trustees of ROC (Radiology & Oncology Congresses) are pleased to offer a new bursary scheme to those working in the fields of diagnostic imaging and oncology from lower and middle income countries. A number of bursaries of up to 2,000GBP are offered for professionals in imaging and oncology residing and working in a country designated by the United Nations as one of the least developed countries (LDCs). The bursaries will cover economy international and local travel, hotel accommodation, subsistence, and attendance at the UKIO Congress to a total value of £2K per successful applicant.
Successful applicants attending the congress with a bursary will be expected to:
• Work in the field of diagnostic imaging or oncology as a relevant health professional, in a country designated by the United Nations as one of the least developed countries (LDCs).
• Upon their return to their country commit to act as a “super-user” and share learnings from the congress within their localities, and provide evidence of having done so (e.g. in the form of a written report).
• Write a report on their experience of the congress to be used by the congress organisers for future promotion.
The applications will be reviewed by a panel, which will include a minimum of three representatives from ROC and the UKIO Working Party. The panel will individually evaluate applications, consider in a joint panel discussion, and make final agreements. Applications will be assessed on:
• Answers to questions on the application form and supporting details supplied where relevant.
• Applicant resides and works in a country designated by the United Nations as one of the least developed countries (LDCs).
• Statement on how learnings will be disseminated within the applicant’s locality after the congress.
The application process for this funding has now closed. Applicants will be informed of decisions from 28 April 2023.